[Chester LUG] Anybody got a small basic notebook they want to sell on, or knows how to convert PhotoShop PSD files to something more manageable?

Roger Gibson rcgibson at talktalk.net
Mon Oct 25 21:35:25 UTC 2010

I'm still waiting for the ideal 'smallish' notebook.  The sort of thing
to pop in a (big-poachers?) pocket, and man enough to do short sessions
of document spreadsheet management, as well as Thunderbird and a
browser.  Unfortunately MS Publisher compatibility is pretty desirable.
A lap top is just too big to keep carrying on a plane etc, now that hold
baggage is at a premium, and I pack everything in an acceptable sized bag.

Until all the 'must haves' come along in one small cost effective box -
decent screen in daylight, effective keyboard, long battery life, dual
boot, etc  ... I might wait for ever, but if anyone has an idle one
lurking that will sort of do, and is willing to part with it for some
cash, please bring it along on Thursday.  I'll not use it a lot, but
when I do it will save a big chunk of baggage.

Another question.  Is there an effective way to convert PhotoShop PSD
files into a more manageable DTP system?  I've been given some brochures
to update, and the previous author for some reason used Photoshop,
(massive overkill) and I would like to turn them into a more user
friendly format, and again Publisher is what folks use.  As long as MS
effectively give away software to Charities, I'm on a loser trying to
convince folks otherwise.

See you Thursday - will be late - got 7.00pm meeting in Chester first -
where is it now Les?  Bear and Billet upstairs?  Roger.