[Chester LUG] Free Sun Enterprise 4500 / Monitor stands

Ian Crowther i.crowther at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 21:03:55 UTC 2011

On the off-chance that anybody is interested, we are going to be
scrapping at least one Sun Enterprise 4500 ( see
http://www.b2net.co.uk/sun/sun_e4500_server.htm ) server in the next
week or so. There are also 20 to 30 monitor stands getting thrown out.
I can save either from the skip (the shorter the notice the better for
the monitor stands).

The Enterprise 4500s is interesting. Its got several slots into which
you can plug either CPU, memory or disk boards. It probably sucks down
too much power to be sensibly used as an everyday server but it'd
certainly be reasonable for somebody who wants a solaris machine to
play with.

Ian