[Chester LUG] E-mail servers, anyone?

Ben Arnold benarnold at fsfe.org
Sat Jan 29 20:08:18 UTC 2011

Hi Stu & Sebastian --

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. Stu; Zimbra does seem to be
flavour of the few months, seen it in passing touted as a corporate
solution. Sebastian; I like the idea of the more traditional, component
approach, with each config. doing exactly what it should. With time a
factor however I think a bundle would be more appealing, especially
with the extras. If it were my experimentation I'd definitely look at
that lot and see how it goes! The web interface isn't that important
actually, since we're on internal access only anyway.

With the amount of work on over the next few months (there's a lot of
it), we're probably going to get someone in to set one up for us; we
could research it and do it ourselves but it would take a fair bit
longer than the... good point: couple of days for from a blank disk to
job done would be enough surely?

I'll probs send something over to ManLUG this week to see if they've
any more experience & info. As long as something is sorted by the time
the Windows licenses expire (remember them?) we're happy.

Cheers,
Ben

--
Ben Arnold
Chester, UK

e: ben at seawolfsanctuary.com @ benarnold at fsfe.org
w: seawolfsanctuary.com | linkedin.com/in/benarnold

nom = { :cookies => :mouth }
nom; nom; nom