[Chester LUG] WiFi Terror

Bryn Salisbury bryn.salisbury at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 15:30:24 UTC 2011

The question for me is whether or not older units in circulation have been updated to support WPA2. I know that there are still a load of 1st generation BT Home Hubs out there which still work on WEP, and the other question is how often people update their wifi passwords (I bet most provider-issued devices are still set to their factory WEP/WPA2 keys).

Buzz Out Loud did a long segment about Wifi routers a few weeks ago, and my recent (painful) experience trying to reconfigure my own HomeHub made me wonder how many 'normal' people actually look (or even know they should look) at such things?