[Chester LUG] Android 2.3 upgrade

Dan Lynch biglynchy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 12:21:32 UTC 2011

On Jun 17, 2011 12:54 PM, "David Holden" <dh at iucr.org> wrote:

> From what I understand they're we're still oohing and ahing of this for
> the Desire because of memory issues. The Desire HD is different though
> because I think it has more memory than the Desire.
>
> Dave.

Yeah that's right. HTC announced recently they wouldn't be putting 2.3 on
the Desire because the hardware wasn't up to it. Loads of people kicked off
and they immediately did a u-turn faster than politician.

It's always run fine for me so I don't know what they were complaining
about.

They must have had the update ready to go anyway, so maybe it was all a PR
stunt to get attention.

Dan