[Chester LUG] Fwd: [Northwales] Possible hackspace in Llangollen?

Richard Smedley smedley358 at btinternet.com
Wed Jun 29 11:14:58 UTC 2011

I'm sure Llangollen is near enough for
this to interest many here :-)

 - Richard

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Northwales] Possible hackspace in Llangollen?
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 11:15:06 +0100
From: Chris Holden <chris.holden at multiedge-net.co.uk>
To: northwales at mailman.lug.org.uk

Hello. Sorry for the intrusion - this is slightly off-topic, but
Richard Smedley suggested I post here so here goes!

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#!topic/nw-hack-space/VSvVLGdjzyI

After being a founding member of BuildBrighton for nearly three years,
I'll be returning to Llangollen at the end of summer. I've got my eye on
a few commercial properties in the town and am looking into getting a
maker group up and running. Is there much interest in this neck of the
woods? I've got a CNC router and hope to have a laser cutter when I get
up there and the usual electronics/robotics toolkits. I work mainly with
PICs but have experience of Arduino and other platforms (mBed, arm7). I
like messing about with gadgets, robotics and electronic instruments but
would like to open up to anyone who makes stuff. Anyone interested in a
bi-monthly meet-up from September onwards?