[Chester LUG] Cheap low power high spec XBMC from Apple

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:46:35 UTC 2011

Well, not quite. I don't know if anybody noticed, but it looks like there is
a jailbreak for apple tv 2. We where speaking about it at the LUG a few
months ago. It came out a few weeks ago. Ok, so ATV2 doesn't have local
storage, but it can do nfs, samba, pnp etc etc over its wired or wireless
interfaces.

Best thing of all, it's only £99 and it only uses 5 Watts thanks to its A4
MIPS CPU.  The jailbreak is called seasonpass

Will report back tomorrow after visiting Mr Jobs' house of tech porn :)

http://www.appletvhacks.net/tag/greenpois0n-rc6/

and

http://xbmc.org/theuni/2011/01/20/you-asked-for-it-xbmc-for-appletv2-ipad-iphone4/