[Chester LUG] Crappy news

Nic Deane nic at ntbd.uklinux.net
Tue Nov 8 10:31:40 UTC 2011

On 03/11/11 17:19, Paul Williams wrote:
> Thanks everyone.  I'll pass on your kind messages to my wife.
>

> Paul

> Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:53:45 +0000
> From: dan at danlynch.org
> To: chester at mailman.lug.org.uk
> Subject: Re: [Chester LUG] Crappy news
>
> Hi Paul,
>
> I would just like to echo others sentiments. Best wishes to the whole
> family. Hang in there.
>
> Take care,
>
> Dan
>

> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Les Pritchard
> <les.pritchard at gmail.com <mailto:les.pritchard at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Paul,
>
>     Likewise I'm really sorry to hear that, look after yourself and
>     your wife and kids. My thoughts are with you all.
>
>     Les
>
>     On 3 November 2011 09:04, David Holden <dh at iucr.org
>     <mailto:dh at iucr.org>> wrote:
>
>         Really sorry to hear that Paul. My heartfelt wishes to both
>         you and your
>         family.
>
>          Dave.
>

>         On 03/11/11 08:26, Paul Williams wrote:
>         > Hi all.
>         >
>         > My wife and I went for a scan recently.  Our new baby has a
>         serious
>         > heart condition.  It is looking likely that the pregnancy
>         will not end
>         > well, but even if it does the baby faces years of operations
>         with very
>         > low survival chance.
>         >
>         > So I might not be around as often as I might otherwise be.
>         >
>         > Sorry
>         >
>         >
>         > Paul
>         >
>         >
>         >
>         > Chester mailing list
>         > Chester at mailman.lug.org.uk <mailto:Chester at mailman.lug.org.uk>
>
>         --
>         Dr David Holden. (dh at iucr.org <mailto:dh at iucr.org>)

terms I'm still pretty much a newbie although, like you I think, I run
Mint Debian. I used to dual boot but I kicked MS off my Dell 1564 lap
top a couple of months ago and don't fear the consequences. I'm having a
few teething troubles - syncing JPilot is one of them - but I did get my
LaserJet M1212nf MFP working with HPLIP after a while. Everything else
is fine and I love the speed. Linux Mint rocks, as they say!

Anyway, enough of me, I just wanted to add my concerns for you and your
wife and family to the many others concerned for you. You are in my
thoughts and prayers. I hope to get along to a LUG meet some time -
maybe this 24th Nov. Until then, as I said, I'm with you in heart.

Best wishes,

Nic Deane