[Chester LUG] Rathole Radio Gig May 11th @ LEAF - Free Entry

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Thu Apr 26 12:24:02 UTC 2012

Hi Folks,

Forgive my abuse of the LUG mailing list in this fashion but I wanted to
invite you all to this year's Rathole
Roadshow<http://ratholeradio.org/roadshow>event on
*Friday May 11th @ LEAF on Bold St, Liverpool*. It starts at *8pm* and
entry is *FREE*, as in beer ;) For those who don't know Rathole
Radio<http://ratholeradio.org>is a music podcast I produce. We focus
on Creative Commons and independent
artists.

We'll have great live music on the night, interactive Arduino-powered
audience bot (Thanks Adrian) and much much more. You can download a free EP
of all the artists from here - http://ratholeradio.org/sampler

We have Dub, Rock, Blues, Ska, Hip Hop and Acoustic Folky goodness. So come
along and join the party. Bring your friends, the more the merrier! It all
kicks off at 8pm.

There's a press
release<http://ratholeradio.org/RatholeRoadshow2012PressRelease.pdf>and
poster <http://ratholeradio.org/Rathole2012_poster.pdf> available too if
you're interested.

There is a tenuous Linux link as I'll be using Linux machines to stream the
event live to people all over the world. The current Icecast box runs
Crunchbang 8.04 and the creator of Crunchbang Phil Newborough will actually
be joining us on the night too. He's a great bloke and you should come
along and meet him. Is that enough hard sell? Ok, I'll leave it there.

Thanks for reading this, you can now resume discussion of kernel modules or
whatever, cheers :)

Dan