[Chester LUG] LUG update and t-shirts

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 14:47:26 UTC 2012

For those of you who weren't at this month's social, our curse has struck
again! Yes the Falcon pub is now under new management and they've converted
upstairs into a dining room. It's not open in the evening and they said it
may be possible for us to use it, but I'm not holding up much hope!. So
back to hunting for a location again! As I've mentioned in the past, we
could look to hire a small room somewhere but that would involve a cost.
I'll keep thinking about possible pubs, so if anyone has a suggestion of a
friendly pub with a spare room who may be willing to withstand the massive
cost of having a couple of bulbs on (yes I'm looking at you Bear & Billet)
then send them through.

On a happier note, I'm putting out the last call for LUG t-shirts. I'm
going to be speaking to the manufacturer in the next couple of days to
confirm colours. They have a massive range, but I just want to check which
will look best with the logo.

So far I have the following people down for a t-shirt. If I've missed you
out or you would like one, they are £15. I'm happy to send them out to
people, I don't have a price for that yet, but I don't expect it to be more
than a few pounds.

Thomas
Stuart
Michael