[Chester LUG] Old desktop needed

Paul Williams wilp4a at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Aug 6 21:16:18 UTC 2012

The kids' old Dell desktop has died a death.

Has anyone got an old tower they want rid of that can do the same job?  I'm hoping I can salvage stuff from their old one.  It currently has a few IDE hard discs, a couple of gigs of DDR1 RAM and an old 256MB PCI (not E) nvidia card.  It was running Ubuntu 10.10 and was used for films, tux paint and Angry Birds (under wine).  It has monitor, keyboard and mouse, just needs a new tower.

I had hoped that an old eeepc or my wife's old laptop might do the job, but one isn't up to it and the other has problems booting.

Can anyone help?  I can't afford to spend much (if anything), but might be able to spring to a few beers.

Cheers

Paul