[Chester LUG] BB Playbook £170 - Don't do it

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 20:20:25 UTC 2012

Well there is 1 jailbreak for it, if you have right nvram version but like
its phone counterpart, it is very secure.

Security built in from the core.  Also as there are so few out there,
people aren't bothering with custom os etc. It's a pity as its a lovely
size and feel.

On 2 January 2012 20:08, Michael Crilly <mrcrilly at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can't get a custom OS on it?
>
> On 2 January 2012 16:41, Les Pritchard <les.pritchard at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stuart,
>>
>> Thanks for the review! I had noticed it in the sale, so thanks for the
>> warning. There are some Android 4 tablets on eBay I'm being tempted by at
>> the moment. They're cheap so I wouldn't expect much, but might be worth a
>> play.
>>
>> Les
>>

>> On Sunday, January 1, 2012, Stuart Burns <stuart.james.burns at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Hiya Everyone,
>> >
>> > You may or may not be aware but the BB playbook is down to £170. I
>> bought one today. It's going back tomorrow. It is small and nice, and
>> relatively inexpensive BUT it doesn't have an email client, it doesn't have
>> a calendar, not even one you can download and install.  It has few apps and
>> the much fabled android load doesn't work until version 2.0  (and even
>> then, hit and miss) It also has pretty much NO integration capabilities
>> with any online service. No dropbox, nothing like that.
>> >
>> > It's a glorified web browser in a pretty box. Just don't :)
>> >
>> > Stu

Stuart Burns
E: stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
M: [redacted]