[Chester LUG] You've heard about the Google thing..

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 12:52:38 UTC 2012

About don't evil and all that jazz. It seems now they are sliding down a
steep slope towards ripping up all the good stuff they do with bad privacy
moves.

You have surely heard about how all this tracking happens, and how they
build profiles on you ? No?  http://donttrack.us/ and
http://dontbubble.us/make a good easy, and insightful read into how it
all works.

I found out about a new search engine and have been using it for a week or
so. Google like it used to be, without annoying ads, tracking, and asking
do I want to upload to + etc. It also, most importantly has good privacy,
and all sorts of customisable options, to include fully secure search, no
search term passing etc.

www.duckduckgo.com

It's clean, it's simple, it's relevant and quick.

Also it has some geeky toys http://duckduckgo.com/goodies.html

To paraphrase Big McD's - I'm lovin' it.

--
Stuart Burns
E: stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
M: [redacted]