[Chester LUG] You've heard about the Google thing..

Ben Arnold BenArnold at fsfe.org
Thu Jan 26 14:27:44 UTC 2012

Highly recommended, I've had it as my default for months as the search box
in my Opera no longer has a Google entry :)

I believe this is (to become) the default in Linux Mint n+1, probably just
Firefox but I imagine they could do it for all the browsers they package.
The bang search terms are ridiculously useful, "!github <search>" etc.,
though "!google <search terms>" not so much...

I've also come across Seeks, http://www.seeks-project.info/ and search with
thier instance https://www.seeks-project.info/search.php, which I think
that, as a decentralised service, aims to group users that search for
similar terms so they can provide useful results for that group. Sort of
like voting up, but not for individual searches. Yes, I'm still confused.

Until later,
Ben

--
*Ben Arnold*
*Chester, UK*

*Free Software Foundation (Europe) Fellow*
*e: benarnold at fsfe.org  |  **ben at seawolfsanctuary.com**
*
*w: seawolfsanctuary.com  |  chat: benarnold at jabber.fsfe.org*