[Chester LUG] Calling all you geeks, lets make our voices heard!

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 21:08:39 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

We all know ACTA is a fundamentally flawed piece of legislature that is
basically US IP laws by proxy. It criminalises civil offences, and removes
some of your rights to due process under the law. It prevents third world
countries from copying drugs that save lives, for people who couldn't
afford them any other way! This and all manner of other nasties.

It's not quite too late. We can riot on the streets or perhaps more
effectively, right to our MEPs involved with it. We have time! It is going
for European ratification on Thursday.

If you want to make your voice heard against this poor US inspired law,
check out this page: http://www.stopacta.info/

It will tell you what you can do and who you can email to make your voice
heard.

I have sent my email already. If the Red Cross, Oxfam, Reporters without
borders and a number of MEPs think its bad, there has to be something to
fear, don't you think!