[Chester LUG] Password manager

Les Pritchard les.pritchard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 12:47:57 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I mentioned at the last LUG meet that I've been working on a small
password manager app, well it's now available and it would be great if
some of you could take a look and try it out. The big difference
between this and the common 'password safe' type system is that this
tool never saves any passwords, so there's no central location to be
attacked or lost. It works by creating repeatable passwords for each
set of variables (your common password, pin and the name of the
account). Take a look at the website for more information about the
app and to download a copy - www.passeto.com.

There's a desktop app (Linux version of course!) and an online version
for when you're on the move. I'm going to add some more features in
the near future and hopefully produce a mobile app.

Please take a look and email directly if you have any questions,
feedback or feature requests! It's not Open Source (yet) but is free
for all.

Thanks

Les