[Chester LUG] Fwd: SMC Liverpool Update

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Mon Jul 23 14:46:47 UTC 2012

Hi folks,

We're doing an Open Data event next week at Social Media Cafe Liverpool. I
thought some of you may be interested. We have some excellent speakers with
good knowledge in this field. It's free to attend but you need to sign up
via Eventbrite. Just so we have an idea of numbers.

It's always a fun night so come along if you can. More details below:

Dan

**
  This email contains graphics, so if you don't see them, view it in your
browser<http://defnetmedia.com/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ctrl=archive&task=view&mailid=18&key=85742ad3cb919b6b3c3474d2e83daec6&subid=3-3eaa218de9a127e6646e7a6446322c38>
.  SMC LIv update          [image: smclogoweb]

    the open data one

*#opendata**[image: Open Data - Liverpool]*

Liverpool Social Media Cafe has announced it's next event featuring open
data projects

Open data is non-personally identifiable data produced in the course of an
organisation’s ordinary business, which has been released under an
unrestricted licence (like the Open Government
Licence<http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence/>
).

Open Data can be used to identify business oportunities, create services
for local government and help the public access other services.

You are invited to attend and discuss open data uses and listen to our 3
informative talks from;

*Our Speakers
*Julian Tait *Open Data Manchester
<http://opendatamanchester.org.uk/>*Jordy Van Kuijk *Connected Liveprool