[Chester LUG] Liverpool LUG meeting with Dan Lynch on Django - Wednesday 1st August 2012

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Thu Jul 26 19:26:03 UTC 2012

On Wednesday, 1st August 2012, the Liverpool Linux User Group¹ will be
meeting.  Dan Lynch² will be talking about Django³:

  "In this talk I will present the Django Python web framework and
  introduce it with some practical examples. There are a ton of
  languages and frameworks out there but this is my favourite for web
  apps. I'll show you the reasons why. If you're already a Django
  expert you may know all this, but you can help me spread the word."

We will meet at the Liverpool Social Centre⁴ at 7.00pm for a 7.30pm
start.  After the talk, we will venture to a local drinking
establishment for beverages and further discussion.

Liverpool Social Centre is next door to the News from Nowhere bookshop
on Bold Street⁵.  To access the centre, press the bell for the
basement on the left of the door and someone will come up and let you
in.  Parking is usually available on Bold Street itself but failing
that, there is a car park opposite the Zanzibar Club on Seel Street⁶.

Dan is a LivLUG regular and volunteers to make meeting announcements,
like myself.  He has given talks at a number of other free-software
related groups but never at LivLUG.  Having noted this oversight, I
managed to convince Dan to share his expertise with us :-)  Should be
good.

¹ http://liv.lug.org.uk/
² http://danlynch.org/
³ https://www.djangoproject.com/http://www.liverpoolsocialcentre.org/http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.402426&lon=-2.976481&zoom=18http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=53.402211&lon=-2.979428&zoom=18