[Chester LUG] Is this what Linux is up against?

mark_kh at tiscali.co.uk mark_kh at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Mar 13 17:04:02 UTC 2012

Having experienced some trouble viewing a web site with my current version of
Firefox, I sent this company a note, mentioning my Firefox was running on Linux
OS.  I suggested they, if they want their web site to be universal, they ought
to test it with Linux.  This is their reply.

>As much as we would like to
have a truly universal offering, due to
>Linux OS having a market share of
below 2%, which would be likely be
>much lower among Skandia users, it would
not make sense from a
>development point of view to build, test and support.
What we are in
>the process of is completely re-building our Client extranet to
be
>browser impendent, incorporating the latest web standards which should

>ensure our users have a seamless experience regardless of browser and in

>theory OS.
>
>Apologies for not being able to accommodate your request
currently,