[Chester LUG] Linux Administrator Job In Liverpool

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Mon Mar 19 23:23:12 UTC 2012

Hello all,

Forgive the mass email but I was sent this info by a listener of Linux
Outlaws and thought some of you may be interested. It's a job vacancy for a
Linux web server admin in Liverpool city centre at a bookmakers from the
looks of it. Make of that what you will, it seems a reputable company.

A description from the email:

*"My company is looking for an extra Linux admin. The work is shifts but
for the initial period it is 8.30 - 17:00 when they would be trained up on
the systems we use. We run debian servers and nagios monitoring tool,
looking for the standard sort of experience ( DNS, apache, nagios, debian,
etc). Salary is competitive depending on experience ( on call bonus ) and
we are based just up the road from Moorfields".*

Desired Knowledge / Experience
* HP hardware
* Debian Lenny / Squeeze
* Postgres SQL
* Apache / TomCat web server
* DHCP / DNS
* NetVault / Backup Exec Backup software
* SAMBA / NFS
* Nagios Monitoring

Interested parties should email: recruitment at stanleybet.com

Or contact Tony J, the person who originally emailed me. He's recently
moved to Liverpool: apjone at googlemail.com

There you go, I said I would pass it on. I don't know much more about it
but their domain redirects here <http://www.stanleybetcorporate.com/> and
it seems the company is based in Tithebarn Street, L2 2QP. I don't know if
the post has been advertised or not. Up to you to investigate more.

Hope it's of interest to someone, cheers,

Dan