[Chester LUG] LUG social - this Thursday

John veedub at linuxmail.org
Tue Oct 16 17:57:09 UTC 2012

At the NEC on Thursday but please save a t shirt

--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.

Les Pritchard <les.pritchard at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I've been looking at a few venues and following on from Stuart's suggestion to look outside the centre, I've found a pub near me with a friendly landlord! It doesn't have a private room, but he's more than willing to set us up with an area on the side. The pub also has wifi and serves food.

It was nice to get such a positive response from a pub after some of the places we've been, so I'd like to give it a go. Now I realise it's not the end of the month yet, but I'm booked up next Thursday, so I'd like to suggest we meet this Thursday to try the new venue.

The pub is the Rake & Pikel (www.rakeandpikel.co.uk), on Chester Road, Huntington, CH3 6BS. There's parking just outside.

I've also found a hall just down the road that we could potentially hire for talks, so some months we could meet at the hall then move on to the pub after.

If you're planning on coming, please let me know so I can give them an idea of numbers for our first meet.

Thanks

Les