[Chester LUG] Raspberry Pi Project

Steve Lilley steve.lilley at nohp.com
Mon Apr 29 21:06:19 UTC 2013

I put some serious thought as to how to put my Pi to good use after the
meeting last week, I was sure my first project would be something python or
hardware related (well, flashing lights and motors anyway, perhaps not
robotics!) but then it came to me...

I have never had much experience at using linux as a multi-user
environment, all the fun of typing 'who' and actually finding someone else
on the machine for once!.. then wondering how to work together in that
environment, 'mail' , 'mutt' even the oh so 1970's 'talk user at localhost'
command. Perhaps creating a shared folder where the permission actually
work ? Learn to use a few command line tools along the way. I'm sure there
is lots to learn and because it's just the "pi" we can all
be administrators and have fun breaking it. The best thing is I didn't have
to actually do very much to make this project 'live' so it's out of the
gadget draw and hooked up to the office network.

Is anyone up for having a play ?

Drop me a mail with a preferred username and I'll create an account on the
smallest most useless server in the world ;)

ssh - remote.cloudprog.net - port 4007

Regards
Steve