[Chester LUG] Linux Mint

J Aguado j at aguado.co.uk
Fri Feb 22 16:36:35 UTC 2013

I will been testing Mint tonight actually as I am in the process of finding
the right distro to Dual boot my Window$8 desktop.
At the moment only Fedora18 was able to recognise the (windows) partitions
on my SSD drive and not complain about it.
I did not find many issues with it, albeit having read all the reviews.
Unfortunately, the fact that installing NVIDIA drivers on Fedora is a MAJOR
pain is making me try Mint.

Ubuntu's installer was not able recognise the partitions on my disk, so I
do not have high hopes and see myself tweaking Fedora.
If it works and recognises my hardware I'll let you know if I find other
issues, but I know that there is a huge community behind Mint ever since
Ubuntu started to move to Unity, so I have high hopes  ;)

J.