[Chester LUG] A Couple Of Events

Dan Lynch dan at danlynch.org
Fri Jan 25 17:22:10 UTC 2013

Hi Folks,

Forgive my use of the list for blatant promotion today but I thought these
2 events may be of interest.

*Red Hat PaaS Talk*

On *Tuesday Jan 29th* Steven Citron-Pousty of Red
Hat<http://www.redhat.com/>will be at
*DoES Liverpool* on Hannover Street talking about PaaS. Platform as a
service solutions and their new OpenShift platform for deploying
applications. It looks pretty cool and it's a free lunchtime event. Midday
- 2pm. You do need to sign up via eventbrite though.

If you're interested head to - http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5329661160

I'm also told he'll be around for the GeekUp <http://geekup.org/> Liverpool
meeting that evening at DoES. It's a Clojure Dojo this time. I haven't done
anything with Clojure <http://clojure.org/> yet but it's what I hear all
the cool kids talking about these days.

------------------------------

*Linux Outlaws Live*

The second event is more personal to me. As some of you might know I
co-host a podcast called Linux Outlaws <http://linuxoutlaws>. We're coming
up to our 300th episode now. We've still got some way to go to catch the
Simpsons but hey. To celebrate this milestone we're doing it live in front
of an audience (the show that is, nothing else) at LEAF on Bold
St<http://thisisleaf.co.uk>.
We're raising money for the Software Freedom
Conservancy<http://sfconservancy.org>and all proceeds will go to a
good cause. Tickets are £5 and you can get
them via Eventbrite <http://outlawslive.eventbrite.co.uk>.

*Sunday Feb 17th - 17:00-19:00 @ LEAF On Bold St - *
http://outlawslive.eventbrite.co.uk/

Ok that's all the promo for a while. Hope one or both of these events
interest some of you. See you soon :)

Dan