[Chester LUG] Routing a specific IP through a non-default interface

Ben Arnold BenArnold at fsfe.org
Tue Mar 18 09:22:21 UTC 2014

Oh, good gravy: my second gateway IP was wrong! Traffic was being put
through the second gateway and interface correctly, it just couldn't go
anywhere!

The wireless has an authentication proxy thing, which i thought was the
gateway. Adding the actual gateway, the auth server and the remote server's
IP worked. So:
  sudo route add -net $IP2A netmask 255.255.255.255 gw $GW2 dev $IF2
  sudo route add -net $IP2B netmask 255.255.255.255 gw $GW2 dev $IF2
was all it took.

Les -- we were both right, your solution slightly more succinct :) Thanks
for letting me waste a few moments of your time!

Ben

--
*Ben Arnold*
*Liverpool, UK*