[Chester LUG] November Meet + Christmas

Michael Crilly michael at mcrilly.me
Fri Oct 31 21:27:29 UTC 2014

Hello!

It was good to be back at the meet again for the first time in AGES!
Stuart's talk inspired me to committing to doing my own, but I'm unsure
about the subject; I've been using Ansible and Vagrant a lot recently and
I'm writing some blog posts to document what I've learned thus far, however
perhaps a talk/demonstration would be of interest to the group?

I think an hour would allow me to cover some Vagrant and Ansible basics,
and then show how the two can be used to automatically configure some local
development VMs. Of course, the end result being some Ansible that can
actually be applied to any (supported) Linux server you have SSH access to
(and root privileges). Thoughts?

Les, you also mentioned the possibility of a Christmas dinner? I'm good for
any date before the 14th of December. Any thoughts from others?

- Mike