[Chester LUG] Days out in 2015

Roger Gibson roger at rcgibson.plus.com
Mon Mar 2 20:59:14 UTC 2015

Good idea Stu.

A challenge for you, if you feel up to it, would be to get a visit to
the Maritime BridgeSimulator next to Cammel Lairds in Birkenhead.

( http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/LairdsideMaritimeCentre/ )

They have a couple of full size ship's bridges, with every window a
hi-def screen, and is used for training, from teams working under stress
for days at a time in hazardous storm conditions, to master pilots
working out how a yet unbuilt mega ship will handle under docking
conditions.

I went several years ago (about 2-3 hour visit), and it was impressive.
The IT then was based on a few PCs running Windows XP Pro, but they were
reaching the limits of the scope.  It is a life-size mega game.  I
understand they may now charge for visits, but you may be able to
persuade them we are a bunch of IT whizz kids, who may be able to help them.

Anyway, why not give it a try - Roger.

On 02/03/2015 16:12, Stuart Burns wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in me organising a
> few day trips out like I have done in the past?
>
> I was initially thinking about trying to get us a look round Airbus in
> Broughton if anyone is interested. It is by no means gaurenteed but I
> am usually able to get my way in the end!
>
> Other ideas could include:
>
> museam of science and industry in Manchester
> Imperial war museam
>
> One local one is the nuclear command and control centre in Winsford
> (Hack Green). We could easily do that in a day and the cost is £8.50
> plus whatever transport costs.We did do it abour three years ago if I
> remember but its always good for a look round,
>
> Personally I'd also quite enjoy a brewery tour as well, and there are
> loads around Chester.
>
> So, is anyone interested in any of the above, or even the idea?

-----
No virus found in this message.