[Chester LUG] Recommended alternatives to Skype

Steve Lilley steve.lilley at beebl.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 17:43:19 UTC 2015

What about using a real VOIP service..

I signed up for draytel for £10 and for that you get a real landline number on first topping up, then you can use drayteks software on Windows or any SIP compliant app as a phone. I also got a real mitel SIP phone and it works a treat too by plugging it into any network. You do have to pay for calls but rates are good for international calls and I think you could get your friends to sign up and then get free calls between you but I have not done that yet.

Steve