[Chester LUG] Happy Christmas & New Year!

Roger Gibson roger at rcgibson.plus.com
Fri Feb 5 14:56:49 UTC 2016

Hi Folks.  Sorry I've not been along for a bit.

I have a new home security camera for which I have the internet address
of a flash_hd.asp feed to the monitoring laptop.  The camera has a
continuously overwriting (about 2 weeks worth) 128GB SD card and can
alternately download via camera software to the monitoring laptop
instead, but not both.  Since also the live feed comes as a flash as
mentioned above which I can view in a browser, can I also capture this
feed in say 10 minute chunks as files to a directory on or attached to
the monitoring laptop.  That way I have back up in case either SD card
or monitoring laptop fails, and can store records for longer with bigger
storage medium.  Ideally the storage files should be in as concise and
universally readable medium as is sensible while maintaining original
discrimination for reading number plates etc.

This ought to be easy.  Anyone got any ideas?  If it helps, I could
bring it along as a project one Thursday.

Many thanks - Roger.

-----
No virus found in this message.