[Chester LUG] FreeNAS and ISCSI - A question

Stuart Burns stuart.james.burns at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 22:37:58 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

I have a question I hope someone with more ISCSI knowledge than I can help
so here goes..

I want  have two virtual vmware clusters with ISCSI and split the disks out
on a per cluster basis. In VMware if the disks cant see all cluster member
disks the heart beating goes to pot a bit. Therefore I need to have 2
separate groups of storage that are not visable to the other cluster.

My initial thought was to use CHAP authentication on a per cluster basis
but does anyone know of a better way ?

Regards

Stuart