[Colchester] Glad to find you

Gary Kearley gary at kearley.net
Wed Jul 11 12:19:54 BST 2007

Glenn Seymour wrote:
> Wow, Hello All, Not sure how many are in this mailing list, but was awesome to find a colchester linux group.
> I have just recently moved to colchester and am an avid ubuntu linux supporter.
> It is good news to have local fanatics to share and discuss topics with.
> speak to you again soon
> Glenn

Hey Glenn,

Welcome to the mailing list.  We are still a new LUG, just settling
down, we have had a few meets and the like, mostly Pub based, but we
also went karting recently.  We have a broad mix of members, from
youngsters to uni students to full blown responsible adults like me :-)

I am in the process of sorting out a nice monthly meet up, which will be
the first Thursday of the month, at the same venue each time, and we
will carry on with our other events too.

Most annoying that the computer fairs seem to have abandoned Colchester
though, as I'd have liked to do a bit of linux pimping there.

Glad to see you use Ubuntu, I'm a member of the Ubuntu-UK LOCO team and
have just got back from manning the stand at LugRadioLive2007.

Anyways, Welcome Glenn,  maybe see you in the irc channel?
irc.freenode.net #colchester-lug

Regards

Gary
Colchester Lugmaster