[Colchester] SUSE v Ubuntu The big boys war

Phillip Sacre phillip.sacre at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 22:53:36 GMT 2007

> Pah. Installers shmallers. Get Gentoo. It doesn't even have an
> installer, you have to do it all yourself!
>
> john

"In my day we used to type out 1s and 0s by hand, none of this fancy
installer rubbish! - but tell that to the Linux users of today, and they
wouldn't believe you..."

I agree with Toby, I reckon Ubuntu is the best distro for newbies.
Fedora Core 7 looks quite nice, but there are reasons I stopped using it
a couple of years ago (I would rather use *cough* Windows *cough*
*washes mouth out with soap* than have to install Fedora again!)

Phill