[Colchester] CLUG meeting today

john at cloned.org.uk john at cloned.org.uk
Sat Apr 5 18:13:42 BST 2008

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008, Jai Harrison wrote:

> I don't have any of this special TV equipment, iPlayer's quality is
> awful

Get with the times- these are now pretty standard! Throw together an old
PC and stick a TV card in and install MythTV and, poof, a PVR! I agree
iPlayer is a bit sucky, but its useful as a last resort.

If you really can't do any of the others there is always the repeats on
BBC3, Sun 6th April, 8pm; Fri 11th April 8:30pm. (I assume you have
Freeview? How could any die hard fan live without the other gubins they
show on the ancillary channels? ;)

> and there's no guarantee that it will be available via torrents.

Actually I think there is. People will *ALWAYS* pirate it as there seems
to be some cult following of it (for some reason), much like people always
pirate various US TV programs like 24, Lost etc for the same reason.

In any case, it's upto you. I seem to have covered 9 different options for
alternate viewing than watching it as it's aired on the beeb, but I guess
if you'd prefer to put TV over CLUG meet that's your choice :-)

cheers,

john