[Colchester] The Internet - My response to Wayland

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Sat Jun 14 22:09:00 BST 2008

Tom Robbins wrote:
> Thirded.
>
> The suspension of habeas corpus, suspension of right to privacy, etc
> are all symptoms of the same moral panic and don't really achieve
> much. It wouldn't be quite so bad if they did.
>
> Jai Harrison wrote:
>> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Chris Pritchard
>> <brainiacghost at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Labour are not liberal, 42 day detention without trial is as far from
>>> liberal/libertarian as you can go *grumbles*
>>>

>> Seconded.

I just watched V for Vendetta
A modern distophia film by the same people who did the Matrix. Set in
London, the hero is a super hero terrorist who blows things up on the
5th Nov.
One interesting bit is where the government try to claim the terrorist
destruction of St Pauls was actually a planned demolition. This is the
opposite of the claim about the World Trade Center.