[Colchester] Distro

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Sat May 10 13:55:42 BST 2008

Toby Whaymand wrote:
> Hi Jai,
>
> It true what your saying but I was thinking just more for fun, for
> learning how they do it.  Not to actually release it to the big world.
> But then again if nobody going to use it is there motivation to do one?
> Would it be just fun to do one for the sake of it or is it too much
> work?
>
> Team what do you think? is it "No" or
>
> How Keith would say from Voltron: Defender of Universe  (an 80's kid
> cartoon) "Let team!....."
>
> Thanks
>
> Toby

There are distro building kits that make it easy. I am purely thinking
of a distro that incorporates what we want. Say we start with the
closest thing to what we want then adjust it. For example it should
select the UK settings by default. It should include the packages we
like. Personally I am looking for one a bit like SLAX but designed for
the Hard Drive of an old computer.