[Colchester] Hello!

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 10:52:12 UTC 2013

On 06/03/2013 08:21, chris pritchard wrote:
> I pretty much forgot I was still on here...
>

> They won’t use Linux where I work, being as they just spent millions
> on a windows based system that never seems to work properly (still,
> better than the old DOS system they used to have until last year). Not
> that the IT side affects me as I gave up with that a while ago!
>

> Chris

Hello Chris,

The chances are they are using Linux. If they have a router then it's
probably running Linux. If they have network storage like QNAP then they
have Linux. If they have any sort of dedicated hardware like a firewall
then it's Linux.

Android has put Linux in peoples hands but it's dominant for servers and
devices.

That's amazing that they were still using DOS. I knew a company still
using Novel Netware and coax network cables 5 years ago.

Regards,
Wayland.

--

Mobile: 07925 431381