[Colchester] Steam-Link on Raspberry PI 3

Wayland Sothcott wayland at sothcott.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 15:31:35 UTC 2018

It works better on my PI which is CAT5 connected than it does on my Mint
Laptop over WiFi.
The host PC is running Mint 19 and CAT5 connected. Host is the one
hosting/running the game.
The latency over WiFi is OK except for extreme spikes which cause the
screen to freeze for a second. This does not happen on the PI.

I'm pretty sure the PI has plenty of performance to run this task which
is essentially just streaming video

Valve have released the API and I think the source code for their
discontinued Steamlink hardware.

I think a good way for us to use this is to also install Kodi on
Raspbian and use it as a combined Kodi and Steamlink box. Then keep the
actual games on the Linux Mint PC under Steam. I need to see if Kodi
will install on Raspbian. Other people are trying to get Steamlink
directly into Kodi.