[Deaf-lug] Linux Virgin

Thomas Mulloy eiresorpio at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 8 11:29:28 GMT 2007

Hi all,

  Thought I'd add my contribution.

  I have only tried Knoppix (Live CD) and found it to be real user-friendly especially during my university years in C + Unix Systems programming. However, the inability to connect online have always deterred me from using it, hence not using it ever since. I use wi-fi broadband.

  Perhaps, the newest version of Knoppix consists of updated drivers to recognise the internet access via wi-fi?

  Cheers,

Fintan Gaughan <fgaughan at gmail.com> wrote:
  On 08/02/07, Dafydd Eveleigh wrote:
> Wow that a brilliant way to install Debian.
>
> Wonder if they will do the same for ubuntu????.

yes they do
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/install.exe/Prototype

But it did not work for me.
Don't know because Debain installed in other partition caused Ubunto
not to work but it did not work for me. Did this last night so I am
going to have another go tonight by removing Debian and just have
windows then install Ubunto.

> Seems like an environmentally friendly way to install the OS as you are not
> burning CD's or DVD's and thereby reducing waste.

Yep I agree with you there

> I have always wondered how much Waste AOL have created with all their CD's

grrr I have too but to be honest its less and less now with AOL but
then again I don't buy Windows magazines and AOL wouldn't be in Linux
Format :-)

Fintan