[Deaf-lug] My network settings - FAO Joe

Paul Johnston gingerdeafman at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 2 09:16:51 BST 2008

Hi Joe,

Thanks for this.  I admit I took a shortcut to open gedit via the menu and it backfired on me :-)

The "root" access - what gives this?  sudo command, or the terminal app?

I have a similar problem.  I have downloaded the drivers but can't create a folder for them?  My laptop don't have internet access yet (I suppose I could plug in an Ethernet cable etc), so the EXE containing the drivers are on a memory stick.  I can't seem to copy the EXE from the stick onto the hard drive?

I am sure we will get there in the end :-)

Cheers,
Paul.