[Deaf-lug] vlog

Wed Apr 2 14:14:34 BST 2008

It's a good idea.

There are some video tutorials on http://screencast.ubuntu.com - however
I don't know if they have a voiceover or not - I've never seen them -
having just had a look just now - Installing Xubuntu - that does have a
voiceover.

I'll request that they consider putting in subtitles, but for now they
are still watchable in that you can follow what to do but you'll miss
out on voiceover's explaining stuff.

I could try vlogs - what are you all looking for though? Suggestions for
a "first" vlog?

Ideally something short and simple such as "How do I install programs in
Ubuntu"?

There's two way that works - Skype for example can be downloaded from
Skype directly and installed then, but it would not be included in
system updates whereas anything you install from Synaptics or Add/Remove
Programs is included - I would have to explain the differences there and
demostrate why one is better than other etc.