[Deaf-lug] Ubuntu Rocks!

Fri Apr 4 19:50:30 BST 2008

 >> root at paul-laptop:~# sudo apt-get install gnome-do
 >> Reading package lists... Done
 >> Building dependency tree
 >> Reading state information... Done
 >> E: Couldn't find package gnome-do

This means it's not found in the software sources that you have setup
with Ubuntu (which would be the default and since you're using Gutsy if
I remember rightly - Gnome-Do is not included with Gutsy. It is
available with Hardy)

You can get extra software sources that include gnome-do, which I'll
come to in a minute, but first Frozen Bubble is included with Gutsy etc
- popular game. It's included in Universe software source, you might not
have this enabled so...from main menu:

System > Administration > Software Sources

Enter password.

Ensure boxes is ticked for Main, Universe, Restricted and Multiverse and
you download from UK server.

Click Close - it'll ask you to update database all available software &
versions from the software sources if you added any new ones (ie Universe).

Now you should be able to install Frozen Bubble and since you seem to
like the Terminal we'll go with that as its quicker than explaining the
GUI method!

sudo apt-get update - It's highly recommended you do this before adding
software - update software and version database.

sudo apt-get install frozen-bubble

And you're done (a quick way to ensure you have the name right from
software source - the <TAB> tip mentioned earlier also applies here - it
apply to just about everything on Terminal :))

Next will be Gnome-Do when I take a look for the software source for
Gutsy (but frankly I wouldn't bother...Hardy is nearly out...about 20
days or so to go before it's released and I strongly recommend upgrading
to it)