[Deaf-lug] Help needed with "Linux" installations

Paul Johnston gingerdeafman at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 9 18:54:08 BST 2008

Hi,

Dafydd/Joe thanks for your answers.

I have already done what you suggested (googled and visited websites
requiring flash player).  I *think* I have flash player installed but it
is an older version, I think.  When clicking on a video in Youtube, I am
always prompted to install missing plug ins every time.  I go through
the installation process every time but the problem persists.

Youtube also states "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an
old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

Since I have Javascript enabled I assume I have the older version of
Flash Player.  Clicking on the URL brings one to Adobe website, with the
3 options I mentioned earlier, which mean nothing to me.

Cheers,

Paul.