[Deaf-lug] Is this EGroup working properly?

Paul Johnston gingerdeafman at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 10 09:20:53 BST 2008

Hi Fintan,

The email in question is the one with the following content.

"Hi,

Dafydd/Joe thanks for your answers.

I have already done what you suggested (googled and visited websites
requiring flash player).  I *think* I have flash player installed but it
is an older version, I think.  When clicking on a video in Youtube, I am
always prompted to install missing plug ins every time.  I go through
the installation process every time but the problem persists.

Youtube also states "Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an
old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player."

Since I have Javascript enabled I assume I have the older version of
Flash Player.  Clicking on the URL brings one to Adobe website, with the
3 options I mentioned earlier, which mean nothing to me.

Cheers,

Paul."

I sent another email soon after to DLUG, which is a follow up to above.

"Hi again,

Please ignore my other email.  Apparently the installation method
currently used this year is buggy, so a manual install is needed (for
Flash Player 9).

So problem solved.  Cheers Dafydd/Joe.

Paul."

I received my second post via the EGroup, long before the first one which
made me think the EGroup may be flaky.

Cheers,

Paul.