[Deaf-lug] Greetings

Paul Johnston gingerdeafman at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 12:35:55 GMT 2008

Hi Fintan,

I have managed to create Ubuntu CD and ran this on my old PC at home.  JGJones was right after all, the PC's BIOS does have the setting to boot up from CD.   I was looking that the wrong place i.e. the order of hard drives that get booted up.

I am impressed so far.  Nice and tidy interface, better than XP imo. Will have play with this bit more before installing it on the PC.

I'd like to retain XP my PC though.  Any easy way to create dual boot option?

I am also intrigued one can boot up an OS from a memory stick.  Memory sticks are ten a penny nowadays so would like to know how to do this e.g. do I copy the ISO onto the memory stick?  Ideally I would be able to install Ubuntu onto memory stick (say 4GB) and also save some of the PC settings on it as well.  Possible?

Cheers,

Paul.