[Deaf-lug] Laptops

Wed Jul 2 10:09:42 BST 2008

If you're not travelling much with it, then just get that cheap one you
mentioned - its main advantage over the subnotebooks such as MSI Wind
etc is a higher screen resolution and larger 15" screen. Plus the CPU
have more grunts in it. The only unknown is the wireless - I have no
idea if it would work or not.

My experience is probably a lucky one - every laptop I've used all had
wireless working out of the box with Ubuntu, from cheap crap to the high
end ones - most of them are Dell's though.

However I did mention this - http://dell.co.uk/ubuntu - you can get a
laptop WITHOUT Windows for £300. Get it with Ubuntu pre-installed, vote
with your wallet for less Windows :)