[Deaf-lug] Laptops

Fri Jun 27 13:54:19 BST 2008

Shops won't let you run a live distro? Exactly what is stopping you from
  going up to the laptops on demo and popping open the CD drive and
pressing the power button and booting up? :)

I do this at PC World, John Lewis, Curry, smaller stores etc all the
time and walk off leaving them in the live distro where it works well
(it get a lot more interest than Windows does as it's something new,
different etc and people can actually play around a bit unlike watching
the useless demo video.

Anyway laptop for £300:

http://dell.co.uk/ubuntu

Get it without Windows too.

If you have the money, get the XPS M1330 - they are seriously nice
laptops. My brother have the Inspiron laptop (£350 for him) and he's
perfectly happy with it too and like Ubuntu a lot too.