[Deaf-lug] Playing back DVDs under Ubuntu

Paul Johnston gingerdeafman at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 09:01:49 BST 2008

Hi Joe,
Thanks for this.  2 questions still remain
1) Why can't Ubuntu play original DVDs?  I paid for them after all.
2) The copies have been made already and is recognised by Totem.  But Totem does not detect the subtitle stream - why?  Standalone DVD players and Windows Media player can.  I shall see if VLC is better in that respect.
Cheers,
Paul