[Deaf-lug] Wireless Networking under Ubuntu?

Paul Johnston gingerdeafman at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Mar 26 15:10:40 GMT 2008

Hi all,

Have installed Ubuntu (Gutsy) on one of our laptops.  So far so good.

However I can't get Ubuntu to recognise the wireless network adapter on the laptop and therefore enable the roaming mode.  Any ideas?

Laptop is a basic Dell Inspiron 1300 and I imagine the adapter is one of those standard ones.

Also can one use WPA2 security under Ubuntu, or would that depend on the hardware?

Cheers,

Paul.