[Deaf-lug] Home Server

Wed Jan 7 19:16:29 UTC 2009

I myself use some aspect of this - JungleDisk backup make use of Amazon
S3 for storage - I have my own Amazon S3 bucket for this. JungleDisk is
also fully open-source so even if the company goes under, the source
code is there for anyone (unlikely though as they've recently been
bought by Rackspace)

Dropdisk is another one that also use S3 - although for this one I only
use it as a "flash drive" albiet an internet based one - I do not use it
as a backup because it goes onto THEIR S3 bucket, not your own.

There are quite a number of websites that make use of
cloud-computing...Twitter is one for example (I know they make use of
S3...no idea if this now include EC2 or not).

Ben - since you're very interested in this sort of thing too, what are
you doing with it? (either personally or any public projects from IBM
(those that is in public knowledge obviously :))