[dundee] Fw: a linux installation question...

Andrew Clayton dundee at lists.lug.org.uk
Mon Nov 18 20:50:00 2002

On Sun, 2002-11-17 at 21:27, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Thanks for replying Andrew.
>
> The cd-rom drive works well enough to read cds (I can copy the ISOs
> anywhere I want) - it's only during the mandrake installation that it
> falls over.

Ah, OK.

> There's an image called "hd.img" on the which I've created the
> appropriate boot disk.  After the floppy loads, I'm left with a prompt -
> I'm stuck at this bit...

Not really being familiar with MDK, I'm now perhaps fumbling in the
dark...

hd.img, OK, sounds like this will let you install from a hard disk
(obvious really), the question is, will it let you install from iso
images on a hard disk. This would make sense, and be quite easy to do
with the loopback device.

So assuming you can copy the iso images to somewhere on the hd where MDK
will be able to access them from, e.g an existing ext2 of vfat
partition, then perhaps the prompt it asking for this location. Does
this make sense?

> Cheers,
>
> Stephen

Andrew